The EDI Forum 2023 has arrived in Brussels once again! This time, the Decontamination of Hazardous Substances Forum returns on October 4th, to bring together the companies, institutions, and industry professionals to open debate and discuss joint solutions for the topic in question.
Wednesday 4th October
8:30h – Accreditation of the participants
9:00h – Welcome and official opening
Mr Johan D’Hooghe, RECYCLING ASSISTANCE & Coordinator of the EDI Working Group on Hazardous Substances
Round table: Persistent organic pollutants (POP)
Ms Marianne Hedberg, MARIANNE HEDBERG MILJÖBYGGE
Mr Enrique García, EUROPEAN COMMISSION
Mr Johan D’Hooghe, RECYCLING ASSISTANCE
Moderator: Ms. Polina Maslova, CURIUM
- Why are POPs hazardous?
- Which POPs should we care about in construction, industrial activities and other urban environments?
- Where can we find them?
- How to identify POPs and the hazard they represent?
- How to decontaminate and handle POPs?
- Who should do the identification and decontamination of POP?
- What are the key challenges we face in working with these substances?
Coffee break and networking
Round table: Asbestos
Ms Souhila Paré, SEDDRe – France
Mr Kai Salmi, SAP – Finland
Mr Maarten VanBuel, Belgian Asbestos Removal Companies Association
Mr Wesley Princen, AANNEMINGSBEDRIJF PRINCEN
Mr Ad Schaap, VERAS – The Netherlands
- What is the new EU legislative framework for asbestos?
- Why are the OELV so important? How to measure them?
- Are there any other factors to create a safe work environment?
- Should there be a general registry for asbestos?
- When can we expect an EU asbestos-free?
13:00h – Light lunch and networking
14:00h – End of the EDI Forum 2023
The chosen venue to hold the EDI Decontamination Forum 2023 is:
Mont des Arts/Kunstberg
Tel: (+32) 251 513 00
This year, the professional program will take place at the Square, one of the most emblematic Convention Centers in Brussels. Its unique location, which allows easy access by private and public transit, makes it an incredible venue for our forum.
|Contractors, engineering companies, national associations
and public administrations
|Suppliers – EDI members||FREE registration (up to 5 attendees)||If you are a sponsor of the EDI Special Publication 2023 – FREE
If you are NOT – Table-Top Sponsor – € 250
|Suppliers – Non-members||Can only attend as a sponsor||Table-Top Sponsor: € 500|