The European Decontamination Institute is the leading platform for national decontamination associations, decontamination contractors and suppliers.
The Decontamination Institute has a strong focus on developments in Europe, which are of interest to the decontamination industry.
Further, the Decontamination Institute has amongst others the following objectives:
- To look after, promote and protect the interests of the decontamination industry in Europe;
- To set and to promote European standards on decontamination techniques;
- To be involved in and have an impact on health and safety legislation;
- To be involved in improving the legislation concerning the removal and depositing of hazardous waste;
- To exchange information on techniques, working methods and training;
- To maintain contacts with similar organizations in other parts of the world, e.g. Asia and the U.S.
The European Decontamination Institute, EDI, was founded in 2013 and represents the decontamination industry with its National Associations, contractors and suppliers.
EDI has a strong focus on developments in Europe, which are of interest to the decontamination industry.